Deceased Estate Clearance Service Melbourne
Coping with the loss & our grief affects us all differently – until we experience a major loss, we don’t understand the ways grief can affect us – it can slow us down physically & mentally, reduce our motivation …
Nothing can take away our pain or our loss. There is no advice that any one can give. But be aware that decisions can be hard, so be kind to yourself & seek assistance where you can.
Sadly, often while trying to cope with the loss, there are materialistic considerations & responsibilities for family & anyone responsible for sorting out an estate, such as what to do with what is left behind in the home (deceased estate).
We live in an age of an abundance of stuff and often homes are filled with a lifetime of possessions, gadgets, collections, treasures, etc … it can be overwhelming, exhausting (decision fatigue) and, for some, there maybe no one to take care of it all …
Mary created allsorters to assist families & relieve as much of the burden as possible –
- We provide a level of care & understanding to sort out a loved one’s house or estate (including sorting, clearing, cleaning & styling if required).
- Whether it is managing it all or working individually with clients, allsorters regularly assist with sorting, clearing & preparing homes for sale on behalf of families (often overwhelmed & emotionally attached or even living far away from the property), beneficiaries (local, interstate or overseas), executors, lawyers or real estate agents
Where to start?
- After an initial telephone discussion to clarify objectives & the level of care required, Mary visits the property to identify priorities, agree on a Plan of Action & provide a Fee Estimate covering what is needed
- Sorting possessions –
- Ensuring bequests & family items are identified, allocated & actioned
- Identifying items that can be sold & assessing best avenues to sell
- Donating, recycling & repurposing items when possible
- Preparing the property for sale
- To maximise its sale potential at minimum cost – sorting, clearing, cleaning, styling
- Preparing the property for settlement
- Sorting, clearing, cleaning – houses, units
- Dealing with a loved one’s belongings
- Sorting, packing (including aged care rooms)
You can rest assured that your loved one’s home and possessions will be treated with care and respect (even if items have to go to the tip, it can be painful & you may not want to see). At all times we represent our client’s interests with grace, kindness, respect, honesty and integrity (in 2013 we found $19,600 in a home and returned it to the executor)
We even have several clients who have requested that we look after their remaining possessions when they eventually upgrade to heaven
Often we see clients who are bogged down & focused on the value of items within a home. This is often not where your energies are best spent. If you are selling an estate property, please consider where the greatest value lies – is it in selling the furniture & contents or is it in maximising its presentation to ensure it appeals to the widest buyer market & thus achieves the best sale price? Consider the gain from an improved sale price (possibly 10% or more, compared to what you will achieve from selling items within the home)
If you need help with sorting, clearing &/or preparing a property for sale or settlement, contact Mary
Mary specialises in working with third age (3a) clients & their families
allsorters – deceased estate clearance Melbourne specialists
** We receive many calls each week from those who want to sell items within the home. allsorters only assist clients with assessing best avenues for selling items in a home when they are utilising our main services. We are not dealers and unfortunately we do not visit properties for “free” to provide valuations or buy items. Check out the reality of selling stuff on Mary’s blog