Deceased Estate Clearance Service Melbourne
The loss of a loved one is unimaginable – it can be overwhelming and emotionally exhausting.
Until we experience a major loss, we may not understand how grief can affect us, how it can slow us down both physically and mentally, reduce or destroy our motivation, lead to difficulty making decisions and thus taking action.
Often while trying to cope with our loss, daily life must go on and materialistic considerations may demand our attention, such as sorting out a loved one’s possessions, sorting a whole house or preparing a property for sale.
We live in an age of an abundance of stuff and as we get older we have had more time to accumulate possessions. Homes are often filled to the brim with a lifetime of possessions, gadgets, collections, treasures, etc. Often items have served their owner well and it is now time to farewell them as they move on to their next home, new owner or maybe they have reached the end of their usefulness.
If you need help, contact allsorters … Mary created allsorters to relieve as much of the materialistic burden as possible. Whether it is managing it all or working individually with clients, we work with you to identify the best way to assist you to achieve your objectives.
In some cases, there maybe no one to take care of it all … allsorters regularly assist with planning, sorting, clearing and preparing homes for sale on behalf of families (often overwhelmed by the task or who may live remote to the property), beneficiaries (local, interstate or overseas), executors, lawyers, real estate agents, etc
Where to start?
- After an initial telephone discussion to clarify objectives and the level of care required, Mary often visits the property to identify priorities, formulate a Plan of Action and provide a Fee Estimate covering what is needed (please check if we provide free fee estimates in your area)
- Nearly every client with work with/for is different, so we offer a customised service that reflects your needs.
We can assist with –
- Sorting, packing, clearing, rubbish removal (including aged care rooms)
- Ensuring bequests and family items are identified, allocated and actioned
- Identifying items that can be sold and assessing best avenues to sell
- Donating, recycling and repurposing items when possible
- Preparing the property for sale or settlement maximising its sale potential at minimum cost – sorting, clearing, cleaning, styling
- Dealing with a loved one’s belongings
You can rest assured that your loved one’s home and possessions will be treated with care and respect. At all times we represent our client’s interests with grace, kindness, respect, honesty and integrity (in 2013 we found $19,600 in a home and returned it to the executor).
We even have several clients who have requested that we look after their remaining possessions when they eventually upgrade to heaven
Often we see clients who are extremely focused on the value of items within a home:
- This may not be where your energies are best spent
- Please consider where the greatest value lies – is it in selling the furniture and contents or is it in maximising the home’s presentation to ensure it appeals to the widest buyer market and thus achieves the best sale price?
- Consider the gain from an improved sale price.
- Remember that items have served their owner well and that any $$ from selling items are an added bonus
Mary specialises in working with senior adults in their third age (3a) and their families
Coping with a loss can affect each of us differently. Simple tasks and decisions can be hard, so be kind to yourself, take it at your own pace and seek assistance and support where you can until you find your “new normal”. You will know when the time is right for you to sort your loved one’s possessions ….
If you need help with sorting, clearing and/or preparing a property for sale or settlement, contact Mary
allsorters – deceased estate clearance Melbourne specialists
** We receive many calls each week from those who want to sell items within the home. allsorters only assist clients with assessing best avenues for selling items in a home when they are utilising our main services. We are not dealers and unfortunately we do not visit properties for “free” to provide valuations or buy items. Check out the reality of selling stuff on Mary’s blog