House Clearance – Clearing a house, unit or estate
Exiting a home can be a huge task, both physically and emotionally. Whether an estate, house or unit it can be overwhelming, time intensive and emotionally difficult, particularly if exiting a family home after many decades.
allsorters was created by Mary to provide professional assistance at such a time – we regularly prepare properties for sale or settlement and work alongside families or executors (houses, units, retirement units, independent living units, deceased estates) .
Our point of difference is that we manage the project on a client’s behalf.
Where to start? After an initial telephone discussion to identify if our service is suitable and the level of care and assistance required, we arrange a time to visit the property to identify and clarify priorities and then set out a Fee Estimate and Action Plan covering –
- Sorting, clearing, cleaning and possibly styling to prepare a property for sale/settlement.
- Items to be allocated to family, friends and/or beneficiaries
- Assessment of sellable items and the best avenues to sell items
- Giving to charity or other avenues (each week and month we donate large amounts of good quality items to a variety of charities on behalf of our clients)
- Identifying any tasks required up to settlement (gardening, cleaning)
- Clearing all required areas – under the house, garage, shed/s, attic, side of house, etc
- Rubbish removal (utilising free council services when available)
- If selling a property, we look at maximising the property’s appeal at minimum cost
As each family we assist and property we handle is unique, Mary visits each property and provides a Fee Estimate (it is fairly difficult to provide an estimate without viewing the property). Note that we do not offer a “one size fits all service” as there are often unknowns when onsite.
If you need just a little assistance and guidance, ask about our consultation package ($295 +GST)
To maintain our quality of service, Mary manages all the properties we work on (so you can be assured your property is in “safe hands”). Although we maximise what can be donated, a fair amount of rubbish removal is needed when anyone exits their home (so costs can add up).
At all times we represent our client’s interests with grace, kindness, respect, empathy, honesty and integrity (in 2013 we found nearly $20,000 in a home and returned it to the executor)
We are committed to recycling, donating and repurposing items whenever possible.
Contact Mary to arrange a free consultation and discuss how we can assist with clearing yours or your loved one’s home.
Our free consultation is available mainly in the eastern Melbourne metropolitan area. If not sure, check with Mary …
See what our client’s say