As well as working hard, in the last few months all sorters has been giving:
- Assisted a client in Richmond in October & November 2013 who was the victim of elder abuse. We helped her move to her new home with a friend in Malvern, sort out her possessions & clear & clean the property in preparation for settlement. Ultimately we were able to donate approximately half of our time (free) to help her through this difficult & heart breaking situation where she was forced to sell her home of 30 years.
- On the Sunday before Christmas 2013 all sorter Mary was delighted to assist with preparations for the Boroondara Community Christmas lunch which served 100+ people. Mary sliced & diced her way through bags of potatoes, carrots & brocolli. Congratulations to Hawthorn Rotary for running this.
- In January while clearing a unit in Greensborough, we were able to assist a young family who had moved to Melbourne from Brisbane with free kitchen utensils & linen.
- In February all sorter Mary completed her first morning shift (7am-1pm) as a volunteer organiser (as a member of Balwyn Rotary) at the Camberwell Sunday Market. Quite an achievement as it was the Sunday that was over 40 degrees.
- When helping clients downsize & sort out their possessions, we continue to donate goods on their behalf to their preferred charities or make the decision on their behalf & donate to the most appropriate charities.
As all sorters grows, we hope to be involved more & more in helping others in need.
… Mary, home sorting specialist