Ruby (name changed for privacy purposes) was lucky that she was able to move within the same complex as Cumberland View is a retirement village with an aged care complex as well. At 96 Ruby is still amazing but had found preparing meals had become too much, hence her move:
- We helped Ruby to identify what she must take and what furniture would fit.
- Her friends had already done some packing, so we completed the packing and got everything ready for move day.
- We moved her and set up her furniture in her new room/suite.
- We did most of the unpacking but left a few boxes for her to unpack with friends – her photos, her jewellery.
- Importantly, we updated her son (who lives in Sydney) on the events of the day. It had all gone smoothly and we left Ruby enjoying a meal in her new room.
- A few days later, we sorted out her retirement unit sending items to auction, charity and removing the rest.
Aging Specialist, ICD | CD Specialist, ICD | Hoarding Specialist, ICD | Expert Member AAPO
Based in Balwyn North, Vic, I have sorted 100’s of homes & helped 100’s of senior adults & their families. I regularly speak about 3a decluttering and smart downsizing.