We can assist with –
- Sorting, packing, clearing, rubbish removal (including aged care rooms)
- Ensuring bequests and family items are identified, allocated and actioned
- Identifying items that can be sold and assessing best avenues to sell
- Donating, recycling and repurposing items when possible
- Preparing the property for sale or settlement maximising its sale potential at minimum cost – sorting, clearing, cleaning, styling
- Dealing with a loved one’s belongings
You can rest assured that your loved one’s home and possessions will be treated with care and respect. At all times we represent our client’s interests with grace, kindness, respect, honesty and integrity (in 2013 we found $19,600 in a home and returned it to the executor).
We even have several clients who have requested that we look after their remaining possessions when they eventually upgrade to heaven.
Often we see clients who are extremely focused on the value of items within a home:
- This may not be where your energies are best spent. Please consider where the greatest value lies – is it in selling the furniture and contents or is it in maximising the home’s presentation to ensure it achieves the best sale price?
- We set aside any saleable items and explore best avenues for sale
- Remember that items have served their owner well and that any $$ from selling items are an added bonus
Our service is non-judgmental. We understand that we live in an age of an abundance of stuff and for those of us who have lived longer, we have had more time to accumulate possessions , so our homes may be filled to the brim with a lifetime of possessions, gadgets, collections, treasures, etc.
Remember that items have served their owner well, some items can be sold and donated, but many will have deteriorated and thus reached the end of their usefulness.
(If you have lost a loved one, just take it one day at a time, be kind to yourself and be content to just do the best you can.)
Mary specialises in working with senior adults in their third age (3a) and their families. If you need help with sorting, clearing and/or preparing a property for sale or settlement, contact Mary