- Often we clear homes & find wonderful items that were hardly used (crystal, china and the like) – they may go to charity & be sold for bargain prices
- Over time they rust – sadly, we often come across beautiful vintage items that must be tossed because of the damage from wire coat hangers
- They have their own & may be dealing with their own clutter
- Donate them while they are still current and of greater use to someone who may be having a tough time
- You’ll be passing pleasure & enjoyment on to others
& think responsibly when donating to charities …
- “Would you give it to a friend” – don’t give broken items, worn out or stained clothes, rubbish – you will end up wasting volunteer’s time & your donations may be costing them money?
- When selling items on eBay & similar sites or at a garage sale, be realistic about the time commitment involved & how much you’re likely to make. Does the profit warrant the time (in the overall scheme)
- Would it be easier to donate to your favourite charity or Op shop?
Check out Mary’s blog for more tips
Happy sorting from allsorters, living & deceased estate sorting specialists