What happens if you get to heaven before they do?
I recently had to face this with a client who wanted to ensure her beloved Maggie was provided for should anything happen to her … we found the RSPCA Animal Bequest Program
It got me thinking about what would happen to my dogs if I & my husband passed away before them (you never know what life has in store for you). We have two naughty Jack Russells (pictured right) – Jack Daniels (top) & Remy Martini (below). So, although we expect to be around for some time, we will now include them in our estate planning as they are our family.
The RSPCA’s Annual Bequest Program –
- Ensures continuing love & care for your pet
- Finds a loving home for your pet according to your wishes for life
- All homes & foster parents are carefully selected
- You can nominate special conditions, i.e. pets to be kept together, nominate a specific foster carer
- Their ongoing welfare will be monitored & veterinary care supervised by the RSPCA
What’s required? Simply complete a registration form, include specific wording in your will & make a specific bequest in your will
For further information call the RSPCA on 9224 2280 or check out the Bequest Animal Program brochure
Mary, the allsorter